Dodge Nitro

A truly ugly box. Saw my first advertisement for one tonight on TV, did a google, and my first impression was correct. UGLY! Japanese box ugly. BLEH!

Reply to
Deke

At my dealership the salesman insisted I sit in one. Desperate? Too high to get in and out easily; for my long legged 6' frame. Looked around at the outside and almost threw up! What the hell is Chrysler doing?

Reply to
Just Facts

The krauts are desperate and flailing, so now they've taken to "reskinning" existing product. The very idea that this thing could compete with what it's obviously aimed, the Toyota/Scion xB, is ridiculous to the point of comedy. Even the xB isn't selling anymore.

This thing will be gone soon.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

Perhaps they thought it would compete with the Honda Element. I doubt the moms who like the efficient spacious Element would give the Nitro monster a second look.

Reply to
Just Facts

Sales must be crappy...they've already started a Nitro TV campaign pushing the ugly box. Evidently, they thought that just some 'net ads and word of mouth would spread enough word if it was a hit...and it isn't.

Watch out for the new Jeep redesigns, though. Those could help bail out DC out of a terrible year. Meanwhile, the MI State Fairgrounds stays packed with unsalable 300s, pickups and Cherokees. Sales are dismal, at best. Watch for a BIG sales blowout on 300s by February with huge discounts similar to how they blew out the Pacficas..

Reply to
DeserTBoB

I already looked at the Magnum and Pacifica, both new and used 2006. Great prices, but I just don't like them, for slightly different reasons. Used 2006 Sebrings are also great prices, too bad that isn't I want.

IMO Chrysler is in worse position than GM or Ford. The shit will just hit Chrysler's fan later.

Chrysler only has one new FWD car of mid sized and smaller. GM and Ford have several. Yes I know the Caliper; "if it looks like a truck it is".

Reply to
Some O

okay now . IMO the Nitro is bad a** it comes with a 4.0L 265hp engine. Chrysler does have many lots with unsold vehicles thats true. Chrysler has given up sort to say on FWD. the only ones left is minivans( new ones really cool) caliber and jeep compass and i think the new avenger is. Chrysler made too many cars and trucks and yes BIG sale coming. lets debate.....

Reply to
dcx96

ARE

Plus the Sebring being FWD.

I see nothing to debate! Sadly the sale prices are very good, but the product doesn't interest me. Obviously not enough buyers are interested. The latest deal is paying your first 3 months.

Of course Chrysler could easily survey their customers who are holding back on updating their older Chrysler products, but that intelligent approach doesn't seem to be in the cards for the auto industry. They would rather try to tell us what we should buy, then cry when we don't. Perhaps that is a big part of their current problem. I know what I want, they just have to ask and I'll gladly tell them. My car desire isn't that complicated, just a few not so difficult changes to one of this years new models. I told Dr. Z, but have not heard back from him.

Reply to
Some O