does 100,000 7 years warranty cover brake pads??

My new 2002 caravan today has developed squeeking brakes pads, only 20 hours has now gone by, So I am catching this early.. But would my bumper to bumper warranty cover this??

44,000 KM ..
Reply to
mrknowitallnot

nope no normal wear items are covered, tires, brakes clutch (for the most part) ect. KB

Reply to
Thundersnake #9 remove spam to reply

Reply to
mic canic

Squeaking disc brakes are sort of a fact of life. A lot of them do this. While it can be annoying, it doesn't affect how the brakes work. Your Chrysler repair guys will probably tell you this unless: 1. There is some sort of technical service bulletin on this due to customer complaints, etc. or 2. They can somehow get away with repairing it and charging the repair back to Chrysler. More than likely, you'll get the "it's normal" explanation. Try anyway as the car is still under warranty.

Now "grinding" brake noises are something else. Our '96 Town and Country goes through front brake pads about every 35,000 miles (56,300 kilometers). If your car has been used in an area with more slope than normal, it may be due at 44,000KM. Squeaking can be annoying, but grinding is definitely bad.

Best,

Ken

Reply to
Ken Stoorza

My understanding is that squealing comes from dust.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

NO, they are considered "wear items".

12 months/12,000 miles which ever comes first.
Reply to
The Sweeney's

The newer pads squeek alot. If you USE your brakes alittle harder, it MAY go away. I don't mean to wait until the last second before you slam on your brakes. A firmer push on the pedal can do this. My sister in law was having this same problem on her Durango. I was with her when she talked to the service manager (I am a mechanic and he is someone I know and trust)and he told her to do that.(I know that 'Service Manager' and the words 'know and trust' are USUALLY an oxymoron but in this case it is not ;) I have never had this problem with my vehicles , but I do drive my vehicles kind of hard. I do NOT abuse them, but they get used. When we left the dealership, she drove and it did the same thing. She only lives a few miles from the dealership so it did not solve it ( THAT DAY). The next day she said it started to quiet down and now it no longer does it. It worked for her. I am not saying it will work for everyone but GOOD LUCK. I have had it work for others to solve thier problems, BUT it is not fool proof. Apparantly when you use the brakes alittle harder , it breaks a glaze off of the pads/rotors and helps them to seat properly all the time. Hey, there is even a TSB on this. I will try to find it and post it.

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr