door locks

Now that we all know where the 'bong' is kept ;-) can anyone answer this:

The door locks are so erratic on my 93 Voyager, I want the disable them completely. Sometimes we can't get in except thru the sliding door. Is there a fuse or is this circuit exclusive to the BCM? Short of cutting the damned wires heading into the door itself? I see no fuse in my Chilton manual wiring diagrams.

Hank

Reply to
Hank

You are saying that there are times you cannot unlock either of the front doors even if you try using the key?

Reply to
<jbharri

Yes. When turning the key to unlock, the servo motors either push right back (left door) as I turn it or lock as soon as I release the key (right door). I can unlock the sliding door, reach around and unlock the right door, then climb across the van and unlock the left door manually.

Really sucks when raining.

Reply to
Hank

Sounds like the Body Computer or factory alarm if so equipped. There's a switch on the back side of the lock cylinder that senses when the key is turned to disable the factory alarm and its telling the body computer that the switch is being thrown and the computer is sending a signal to lock the doors again for some reason. I think they use to be able to cancel the auto lock feature using the diagnostic computer at the dealer but that was for when the locks engage when you start driving so not sure if would help in your case.

Reply to
Dave S

Reply to
John_F