Downside to Flex Fuel vehicle

I am looking at several used 2008 Grand Caravans. A couple of them have the *Flex Fuel* designation.

Are there any potential problems for a Flex Fuel system, even if I don't have any plans to use Ethanol anytime soon?

I know that fuel system components would have to be able to handle the contact with the water in Ethanol.

Are any of these components prone to early failure? Are the filters more expensive?

Thanks,

-KM

Reply to
KirkM

I haven't seen any other responses so I'll throw my 2 cents out there... If anything the fuel system components are going to be better designed and more durable than their standard fuel counterparts. Perhaps the fuel filter could be a little more expensive but how many times would one replace it anyway?

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

No downside at all.