DTC codes

Where at the Alldata site are the tables of DTC codes? My 1996 Grand Voyager is reporting a code of 72 which isn't in the table in my 96 factory service manual (the highest code is 71). I'm assuming that there was a later update to the manual that I don't have.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Code is catalyst efficiency failure (P0420) in the 97 service manual.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Thanks. Any idea how the ECM can tell that the cat isn't working?

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Under certain operating conditions (hot engine, steady throttle, minimum speed and engine temp and specific load) the PCM monitors the difference in switching rates between the upstream and the downstream oxygen sensors.

Bill

Reply to
Bill