Earl Scheib or Maaco for Aspen wagon

I have a Dodge Aspen SE (Special Edition) wagon. Fenders are rusty. But the slant 6 engine is a legend. I'd like to get it painted to enhance my sex appeal and perhaps have some fun with the back seat folded down. However, the wood paneling is too valuable to get spray painted by an amateur job. Will a bargain basement paint job get my beloved wood paneling discolored?

Reply to
Roger

In the late 70's when Maaco was just getting started, I masked my 71 Dart Swinger myself (just to be sure), removed all the chrome I could and brought them the car. Job was quite decent except don't expect rusted out door jams to hold up much better with a coat of paint on them.

Reply to
Art