electronic traction control question on newer models

Does anyone know if a back fit TC is possible to do on a ABS equipped Caravan?

As I understand it the models of Caravan of the last 4-5 years have had low speed traction control (TC) as an available option. I have supposed that this works with the ABS (anti-skid braking system) that the TC minivan must also have. Does anyone have a shop manual which explains how the combination works? If the TC works by braking the drive wheel spinning on ice, doesn't it use the same sensors that detect the stopped wheel in the ABS? Hence it would seem that the TC requires mainly a different computer chip (controller) and some instrument indicator lights and dashboard switches. If so it might be possible to add the TC to a Caravan that has ABS.

Does anyone know if a back fit TC is possible to do on a ABS equipped Caravan? Details Please!

Thanks, Rudy

Reply to
Rudy Allemann

mic canic