Eliminating PT Cruiser "smell"

I have an original '01 PT LTD. Unfortunately I had to leave it stored outdoors for over 4 months. Now that its back in service I noticed that some critters may have set up house under the hood. I blew out all the nuts, leaves, etc that I could see, but when driving there is an acrid smell eminating from the vents. At first it smelled like burnt leaves(which it could have been if some had been lodged on the manifold), but the smell is more of a "sour" one. Also, I don't think there is a cabin air filter on this model.

Has anyone any ideas as to how one might rid the car of this smell without having to rip it to the bones (which is not going to happen).

Thanks all.

Reply to
bobm3

snipped-for-privacy@worthless.info wrote in news:hknjb7l5590ancdfqkl30b4v8c1focuj1l@

4ax.com:

The '01's did not have a filter. I've always used Lysol Disinfectant spray. Crank the heater up and stand outside and spray the Lysol into the vents at the base of the windshield. There are companies that do this stuff with more potent chemicals but it's worth a shot at first with a $4 can of Lysol.

Reply to
CopperTop

UPDATE: Thanks Copper Top for your suggestion. I finally got around to performing your suggestion and after a few days its about 99% better.

Just wanted you to know - thanks again.

Reply to
bobm3