Emissions Idiot Lights

In regards to your post about that small box under the instrument panel that shut off the "emmissions light" when you unplugged it....

Did you ever find out if unplugging it caused any problems to your jeep..? Or did the engine run fine even after you unplugged it?

Just asking because I have a 1988 Jeep Comanche that has an emissions light that won't go out.. and the mechanics won't give me a passing sticker until that light is out.

If unplugging that box doesn't cause any problems.. i'd like to unplug it so I can pass my inspection.

Please let me know.

Thanks! =)

Reply to
thedustypagan
1988 Comanche didn't have a malfunction lamp. It did have an emission maintenance reminder lamp. In California, the reminder lamp is not part of a smog inspection, and will not (shouldn't, anyway) cause an inspection failure if it's on.

If they insist the light must be off, then unplugging the box (timer) will do the trick, and will have no other affect on the vehicle.

Reply to
bllsht