EVS-II "Security Plus System" / 2000 Grand Cherokee install / parking lights and horn honk?

Hi folks - I just purchased an EVS-II "Security Plus System" (Mopar P/N: 82204268) and the wiring harness for the '99+ Grand Cherokee (Mopar P/N: 82204685).

I've wired everything up except the under-hood siren, dash LED and disable switch. Based on the clicking sounds coming from one of the two internal EVS-II relays, the unit appears to arm, disarm and trigger properly: lock the vehicle and open a door... EVS-II starts clicking for 60 seconds... pauses 10 seconds... then repeats (until you disarm/unlock the system). Starter kill engages fine. But I'm not seeing any parking light flashing, nor is there any horn honk that I would expect to see featured in the factory-installed version of the EVS-II. I *am* seeing a pulsating +12V on one terminal of an EVS-II relay, which would appear to be for parking lights or horn honk, but that same on/off +12V isn't showing up anywhere on the EVS-II harness going out to the rest of the vehicle.

There weren't any specific connections to parking lights or the horn that I could tell on the wiring harness:

- two connections spliced into the driver door harness ("lock motor" and "unlock motor")

- one connection spliced into the passenger door harness ("unlock sense")

- one connection spliced into the courtesy light connection under the dash

- 3 wires coming off the ignition harness (pink, blue, yellow), looks like for starter kill and system power.

- ...and of course ground.

I'd heard there was some kind of "data bus" on newer Chrysler vehicles that handled things like parking light flash and horn honk... is that the case here? Or, is the add-on EVS-II system incapable of parking light flash / horn honk on the GC?

I'd appreciate any ideas you all have... kinda stuck on this one!

Thanks in advance.

Robert Giles

Reply to
Robert Giles