Expected 96 Intrepid problems?

I've got a 96 Intrepid and I'm wondering what kind of failures I can expect in the future. I have a new driver in the household and would like to hang on to the car for him. But I don't want to rebuild this thing from the ground up. It's got 100k on it. I've already had the trans rebuilt, and the timing belt/water pump replaced. Now the steering rack is getting sloppy. I'm hoping it's only the rack mounting bushings( I see it moving with the wheels turned). I'll have the shop replace the inner tierod bushings while their at it. I know many people would dump the thing but I know this car's history What other big buck things can I expect to pay for?

Reply to
JNaysayer

Rear AT mount.

would like

Reply to
Art Begun

Clockspring (recall) and if 3.5 liter engine, fuel rail recall('O' rings leak gas, engine fire hazard)

Reply to
Dave Mohr

Our 93 has been extremely reliable between the time it hit 100k and its current 207k miles, with one exception. Its original trans lasted until

150k. I've replaced the rack bushings twice in the life of the car, but the rack is original. Finally replaced the struts and stabilizer bar end-links just after it hit 200k, but should have done that sooner, probably at 180k.
Reply to
Steve

Air conditioning parts - all of them. If you are lucky all at once. I tried the leak sealer stuff - my mechanic said it was probably invented for Intrepid AC units. It didn't work in my case though.

9 hours of labour-its in the book-to tear apart the dash to get to the evaporator.

OEM parts have failed again 2 years later.

But I'm not bitter. Much

James Linn

Reply to
James Linn