Faulty Oil Warning Light?

1999 Caravan 3.0 litre 4 speed. For the past few months while idling in traffic the "oil warning" lamp comes on along with the annoying beeping sound. If I put it in nuetral it stops, or as soon as I start to move it stops. The oil is definately full. I change it every 5,000 kms and in fact just had it changed. However it continues to do this. Any thoughts as to whether this is a faulty indicator and if so how to fix it?

thanks.

Reply to
bobjones1000

Replace the oil sending unit

Reply to
maxpower

That is not a low oil *level(* warning, it is a low oil *pressure* warning. If you want to change parts the first thing I would do would be to change the oil pressure switch. If that doesn't work you will need to find out why the pressure is low. You need to address this issue while you van still has a running engine....

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.