Filler Tube Problem

I recently bought a 2003 Voyager. I have no problem fueling in St. Petersburg, FL. However, when I tried to fuel up in Ft Lauderdale, FL, the pump constantly kept shutting off. No matter what I did, I could barely put in only a few gallons before becoming exasperated. I tried a different pump and then tried a different gas station. The same problem occurred each time.

The pumps in Ft Lauderdale (Broward County) have a round guard over the pump nozzle that I think is a vapor recovery of some sort. But I think it somehow is preventing me from filling the car. The gas stations in St. Petersburg do not have this round guard over the nozzle and I can easily put the pump on automatic and wash the windows or check the oil when refueling.

No, the car was not running at the time.

I called a dealer in Ft Lauderdale. The service writer said he had not heard of this complaint before.

Any ideas? What is going on and how do I pump gas in Ft Lauderdale?

Thanks

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Probably because you were not using it correctly. It is indeed a vapor recovery system. You push the nozzle into the filler neck of your car, against the nozzle's spring tension, then lower the nozzle handle downward towards the ground, then let the nozzle's spring tension push the nozzle outward until it stops. THEN you begin fuelling!

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Make sure you have the nozzle tightly sealed at the gas tank inlet neck or this occur.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

maxpower and Daniel J. Stern thanks for the responses. appreciate your thoughts.

tim

Reply to
Tim