Filling gas tank. Gas station pump shuts off fast 93 new yorker 3.3

I have a 93 New Yorker with 110 K miles and a 3.3L motor. When I go to fill the tank up the pump at the gas station will stop before it is full. I end up having to stop pumping or put the gas in slower.

I have the fill nozal only in part way to help air get out but it does not help.

Any ideas?

Thanks

P.S. Only reply back to this new group since the mail to me will bounce.

Reply to
Ken Jones

Gas pump nozzles have an auto shutoff device that will shut the gas pump to prevent spillage from overfilling. First try another pump and see if the problem persists, if yes your fill tube may have some blockage that causes gas to drain slowly as you are filling, hence the problem. See if the problem persists if you pump slowly. If no, then most likely cause is a partially blocked fill tube.

Reply to
Rajsircar

Reply to
maxpower