Fixing front motor mount on the absolute cheap

I have a 1995 Neon SOHC with about 435,000km on it. The car is running good, but after a quick check under the hood, I noticed that the spark plug wires are rubbing on the hood, and a few other cables and hoses are showing some wear. After seeing this, I checked the front motor mount, and found it to be worn badly. Is there any way to "patch up" the mount to get me by for a month or so? At the moment, I have no extra cash for repairs to this car (damn wedding and all). I have heard of people filling the gap in the mounts with silicon to tighten them up. Has anyone seen this, or know of something else I can do to get by? I have my own garage to work on the car, and have almost all the tools I could need.

Mike mlawrenc(at)gmail.com

Reply to
mike

Christ! the mount is only about $30.00 canadian. If you can't afford that, park the car! And quite asking questions about doing it cheap. It doesn't get cheaper then that!

Reply to
hartless

You will end up with a mess BUY a cheap motor mount at AutoZone, or Ebay

Reply to
sqdancerLynn