Flat tire on a PT Cruiser - how to remove wheel

I know this may be a stupid ?... my mom has a flat tire on her PT Cruiser.. front drivers side. I removed the lug nuts but the wheel still isn't coming off.

She doesn't have a manual as she got the car used...

What do I need to do to get it off???

Thanks!

STEve

Reply to
Steve Dambrowski

Sometimes ya gotta kick the shit outta the tire to break it loose, that is IF all the fasteners are out...

Reply to
corning_d3

Quite simple. Just losen but leave on all the lub bolts. Then move the car forward and slam the brakes. Move backward and slam the brakes. This always does the trick for me.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

That isn't hell on the stud threads??

Reply to
corning_d3

Old trick. Put the wheel back on, tighten nuts, then back them off maybe a half-turn. Then start the car and move it gently back and forth on the driveway, turning the steering wheel side to side a couple of times. Works every time.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Did you jack up the car first?

-------------- Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

^^^^^i was going to say the same thing

Reply to
vwracer14

OF MINE;

when jacked up take the spare and slam it into the frozen tire a few times, rubber to rubber.. what happens I find is after time road salt and junk causes the wheel to freeze to the hub

Reply to
Mr.X
1 big hammer and hit the inside rim towards the out side. what yr is it ? you may want to put some grease on the inside of the wheel to keep it from sticking. you may realy need to wack it a good one to get it off my 01 will do it some times .sku
Reply to
Sean&Heather