Ford's Pacifica?

Saw a write up of Ford's new SUV/wagon. Sounds a lot like a Pacifica but incredibly they are putting in a 200 hp engine to lug around 6 or 7 passengers. And people complain about Pacifica's lack of power.

Reply to
Art

How much torque, and what is the area under the torque curve? How is it geared? How efficient is the transmission? How much does the vehicle weigh?

200HP is adequate to drag around a semi-trailer full o' Twinkies, given all the other factors are correct for the application.

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

We live in a funny world, don't we? When I got my driver's license, Corvettes had 200 hp. And that was a big improvement over the 160 or whatever they had in the late 70's. Now people bitch that a 200hp is not enough for a front drive grocery getter? I don't see too many soccer moms at the drag strip.

Reply to
Joe

I believe a variation of that same Duratec engine is used in the Type X Jaguars. And more than likely the Pacifica isn't much more if any than what Ford has. The Toyota Highlander has the same V6 engine as the Camry, the base engine in the Dodge Caravan was the same 4 cyl engine in the PT Cruiser. So it's entirely possible that the Ford engine will do as well as any others on the market in similar vehicles.

Reply to
CopperTop

The original base Caravan engine was the 2.2L 83 hp engine.

Reply to
Bill 2