frozen windows

Hi guys...

This 94 lhs has a trick that I'm not enjoying so far, one that none of my GM's ever played. Wonder if anyone has any tips ?

Seems that each and every time I use it, the durned windows (all of them) are frozen and won't open :)

Scared the dickens out of a too young (imho) youngster working KFC's drive thru window last night when I had to get out of the car to get my order. Guess they're not used to customers getting out.

Looking at the tops of the windows, they're sure much more exposed than the GM's were, so maybe that's it.

And the only thing I can think of that might contribute is once a week or so I park for an hour (superstore) in an underground heated garage.

Sure appreciate knowing if there's something I can do to make this a little better.

Thanks in advance, and take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Keep the top edges of the door glass clean and clean out the weather-strips where the windows meet in the closed position. Isn't there a build up of dirt at the tops????

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

This was not a common complaint for that model. It was a major problem in

98 and 99 versions but that was a completely different car. Don't burn out the motors by holding the switch on a stuck window. What works in the later years to loosen them is to slam the door while holding the open switch. Once you got the window working, clean the top edge of the glass of any residue and some people use silicone on the rubber weather-stripping to prevent recurrence.

Reply to
Art

Hi Art and Glen

Went into the underground heated parking today... outdoor temp

-17C (0F). Shopped for an hour, went down and they were free.

Opened them all, wet a rag with Gunk silicone spray, and carefully cleaned all of the grooves and the top of the windows. (no trace of dirt) Left sufficient silicon so that the rubber was just a bit shiny.

Came home, a 2 mile trip, and by the time I got here the windows were already misting up and need the defroster forced on. (the climate control was fooled by the heated indoor parking)

Went out an hour later, and the windows were all frozen solid again :(

Rubbed a little of the inside frost off the windshield, it's tasteless.

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel