Fuel Injection Purge

1999 Dodge Caravan - 3.0L V6 Auto - 121,000Kms. Lube and Oil place recommends me getting a fuel injection purge for $60. Is it worth it? Do they really do anything? Your thoughts and\or opinions please.

thanks.

Reply to
bobjones1000

You don't need any such a "purge". Your throttle body is just about ready for a good cleaning by now, but (a) that doesn't cost $60, and (b) you don't let the Taco Bell rejects at Quick-E-Lube do it.

For that matter, if you like your car and want to keep driving it, you don't let the Taco Bell rejects at Quick-E-Lube do ANYTHING but change your oil and filter, and even that's a very risky deal.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I agree with what's already been posted. Most importantly IF you wanted your fuel injectors serviced THEN you should take them far, far away from the Dummy Lube place. Does that make sense? That is a good rule to remember. Don't order fish in a steakhouse either, or buy investments from an insurance salesman. It's just not fitting.

Don't take anything from them but oil, and even then, you should assume that they have stripped the drain plug or left it out every time. Look under your car before you leave the parking lot.

Reply to
Joe