Fuel injector service???

I received a letter in the name of my local dealer (but mailed from another state) offering me "special deals" on my '02 300M's next oil change (looks like the same price I always pay) and on a "fuel injector service" for $87.50.

I've checked the Owner's Manual, and I can't see anything about fuel injector service being required *ever*. The vehicle has done 45K miles.

I assume that this is a con. Should I continue to use this dealer or take the car elsewhere, or do they all try this one?

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

You clean the injectors each time you drive your vehicle with the gas you use. injector cleaner is nothing but a scam.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Since I don't use the premium fuels that are claimed to keep everything cleaner, is it worth adding some after-market cleaner to my gas every now and again?

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Seafoam. Get it a nearly any decent parts store.

Reply to
phreak

save your money

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
philthy

Read this :

Will higher octane gasoline clean your engine better? As a rule, high octane gasoline does not outperform regular octane in preventing engine deposits from forming, in removing them, or in cleaning your car's engine. In fact, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency requires that all octane grades of all brands of gasoline contain engine cleaning detergent additives to protect against the build-up of harmful levels of engine deposits during the expected life of your car.

Reply to
Mike

BG-44K best stuff on the market with a guarantee Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

I guess that's an impression left over from a few years ago when, say, Amoco had infomercials on their pumps implying that hi-test had cleaning additives (Techron? or Techroline?) in it that their lower grades did not.

Bill Putney

After I started using Chevron fuel in 1989 (regular grade is what all my cars have specified) my injector cleaning problems were solved.

Reply to
Spam Hater