fuel pressure test method?

hello, my mechanic friend hooked a pressure gauge onto the incoming fuel line,which he disconnected from the fuel rail, and then turned the key to on, to see if there was pressure present. my Haynes book says to put an adapter between the inlet hose and the fuel rail with a gauge attached to it and then start the car to check the pressure. which way is correct or are both methods ok?

Reply to
Randy Pape

First of all loose the Haynes manual, secondly, what kind of vehicle and engine size is this??

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

-- Message posted using

information at

damnnickname