Fuel Tank Grommet Help ???

I'm finishing the resto on my '71 Road Runner and I'm just about to install a new gas tank. I've got a new filler neck grommet but I'm wondering which way the grommet goes into the tank........... with the rounded extended nose facing into the tank and the square shoulder (& shorter edge) facing out ? or vice versa ? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
RJS