Gas mileage for GrCaravan 3.3 Engine

Bought this new. Very happy withit. 12000 so far and no problems. The specs for mileage indicate 13.1 litres/100 km city and 8.8l/100km hwy. I understand that this is done under very ideal and favourable conditions so the manufacturer postes the best results. I get in the city 18 lt/100 km, compared to 13 . In my opinion I would except a few litres difference but 5 litres. Maybe it will get better as it breaks in later

BTW 18l/100km is around 14mpg, numbers that a Cherokee would do What are your numbers and any thought on this. Tx

Reply to
cosza

12,000 kilometers isn't a lot of mileage, but it should be broke in pretty well by now and your mileage should have stabilized. 14 MPG in 100% city driving probably isn't out of the question. I have two 3.3L Grand vans and both are getting around 22 MPG, but that is in 90% highway driving. The "new" van (03 with 29K) got 16 MPG on the first tank, but I can't be sure it was full when we picked up the van. It got 20 on the second tank and 22 on the third. It still shifts at a higher RPM than my old van so I'm guessing the tranny is still adapting to people who don't drive like maniacs all the time! :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Whiting
5 | litres. Maybe it will get better as it breaks in later | | BTW 18l/100km is around 14mpg, numbers that a Cherokee would do | What are your numbers and any thought on this. | Tx | | |

Mileage doesn't sound right. I get average 18MPG city, 25MPG highway with generally 20-21MPG combined. The best I've gotten was 28MPG...over 500 miles on that tank (flat terrain to Myrtle Beach). This is on a 1997 Grand Caravan with the 3.3 liter engine.

Reply to
James C. Reeves