grand voyager brakes

JUST CHANGED REAR DRUMS, PADS AND WHEEL CYLANDERS. THE ABS AND BRAKE LIGHT ON THE DASH STAY ON WHEN I START THE VAN AND GO OFF AFTER ABOUT 2 MINUTES. THE ABS KEEPS RUNNING (NOT PULSING BUT THE HUMMING WHEN THE WYWTEM IS BEING CHECKED) ABOUT EVERY 15 SEC. ALSO WHEN I SHUT THE VAN OFF BRAKE FLUID CAME SPILLING OUT OF THE RESIVOIR..'

ANY THOUGHTS???

THANKS IN ADVANCE

ED

Reply to
drummie

First thing to do is type in lower case and stop shouting!!!

Reply to
Mr. Caravan

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
Matt Whiting

sorry about the shouting :-)

92 grand voyager
Reply to
drummie

The system is not holding or building pressure up as designed. Take it to the dealer and have them check it out, it is under warranty for the (685) Bendix 10 recall. Google it for your own info. The pump,piston assembly and the complete ABS unit is covered under this recall if it needs to be replaced.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

If I'm not mistaken that ABS system was the one that is under a permanent, lifetime, recall by Chrysler. Stop by your dealer and have a chat with the service manager. Chrysler doesen't cover all of the ABS parts under the recall, unfortunately.

It is lifetime because the design is so crappy they know it keeps failing again and again.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt