Grand Voyager Cruise Control problem

Hi all.

My '97 Grand Voyager LE (3.3 V6 UK Spec) seems to have a problem with the cruise control. If I hit the power button to enable it (at any speed) the green CRUISE light illuminates on the dash for a second or so, then goes out and will not engage again until the engine is turned off then back on. Obviously, the cruise conrol itself isn't working either.

Any ideas?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

mic canic

Brake switch? Why?

Reply to
Dave

I agree.that maybe it...check to make sure the brake lights are also working. But the brake switch going bad or out of adjustment, may cause this condition

Reply to
Galen

I see - Brake lights are fine, horn fine, no lights staying on longer than usual after initial startup. Everything else is working perfectly, just not the Cruise Control.

I'll give my local dealer a call, see if my '97 is one of the problem ones. I doubt it, since it's lasted over 100,000 miles without a problem, but you never know!

Thanks to all for suggestions.

Dave

Reply to
Dave