Guide Pins On Front Disc Calipers

I have a 2002 Plymouth Voyager with front disc and rear drum brakes. While replacing the front brakes, I noticed that the 2 guide pins did not match. It is the same way on the other wheel. Is this a fluke, because in my shop manual they appear to be identical? I am wondering if this is why I have to replace the shoes once a year.

Reply to
Jerry S via CarKB.com

Um, what do the front guide pins possibly have to do with the rear shoes?

Is this a factory shop manual your looking at or a Haynes?

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

different guide pin. It's a factory Service Manal for 2002 Town & Country ,Caravan & Voyagers.

Reply to
Jerry S via CarKB.com

for a different guide pin.

Maybe you better restate the question?

Is it disc on all wheels? Is it the shoes or the pads that are wearing out? Front or rear axle?

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt