Harry Truman's 1953 Chrysler New Yorker

I'm researching a book on Harry Truman and would like to locate his

1953 Chrysler New Yorker (it's black with chrome wire wheels). I am told it is owned by a collector, but I have not been able to locate him (or her). Does anybody on this group happen to know where Harry's '53 Chrysler might be? Or, can anyone offer any advice on how to find it? Thank you!
Reply to
malgeo

Or, can anyone offer any advice on how to find

Is it the automobile at the Truman Presidential Library?

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

Thanks for replying Bob. I checked and, no, the New Yorker is not at the Truman Library.

Reply to
malgeo

You should contact the Walter P. Chrysler Club, I am a member having a

1940 Royal. I know that the Truman Library in Independence, Missouri has the President's two 1941 Chryslers, a coupe and a sedan, Google on "Truman Chryslers" and you will see that Chrysler Corp. even restored them for the museum. Never heard about the 53 New Yorker.
Reply to
Count Floyd