head lights

can anyone please tell me how to replace the headlights bulb on a 2002 pt cruiser. is there more then one way to do this? thanks for all your help

Reply to
hector

The bulbs are accessed via cover panels you reach by turning the steering wheel to provide arm clearance at the front of the wheelwell on the side you want to service. You remove the cover panel, remove the socket from the bulb, remove the bulb, and reassembly is the reverse.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Do not touch the glass of halogen bulbs with fingers or other possibly oily surface, reduced bulb life will result.

Reply to
maxpower

Would it not be correct to say that if you inadvertently touch it, clean it off thoroughly with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol?

Bill Putney

Good work Bill!! I think that would be correct to say that...we can take a vote if you want to make sure. I vote yes

Reply to
maxpower

No, not rubbing alcohol

They sell bottles of isopropyl alcohol in the electronics stores (Fry's for example carries them) that are 100% alcohol and are fine. Rubbing alcohol like you buy at the pharmacy has a small amount of scent and soap and such in it to make it smell purtier to rub with.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

I've never seen that. The stuff I buy at CVS has the isoproyl and purified water listed as the only ingredients, and there is no perfumy smell (which my nose is very sensitive to). In fact CVS has 91% vs. the usual 70% drug store stuff. I suspect what Frye sells is either 91 or

99% - it all has some water in it - even the best you can get from the chemical supply houses.

Just read the ingredients label and you should be alright.

Bill Putney

Dan Stern has informed us that quartz is no longer used and the danger of touching the bulb is no longer an issue concerning bulb life. Even the 9011 and 9012 bulbs use glass today.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Bill,

If you visit the pharmacist at the CVS (or any other fine drug store), you can ask them about special ordering a bottle of 100% isopropyl alcohol. It costs just a bit more than the much cheaper 70% or 91% already on the store shelves, but is the better choice for cleaning electronics, small components, etc.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman