Headlights won't turn off

Hi.

My 1991 dodge shadow won't turn off the headlights? I can't tell if they are daytime running or not but low intensity for sure. I also noticed the High beam indicator is always on but very dimly light no matter what I do. i.e. if I pull the turn signal or not. Any ideas?

Alberto

Reply to
al

Probably a failed Daytime Running Light module, which is located inside the left front fender. They are notorious for this kind of failure.

DS

Reply to
Daniel Stern Lighting

Hi.

How do I f>

Reply to
al

Hi.

One more thing is it easy to replace? i.e. do it yourself

Reply to
al

Lift the front of the car. Remove the left front wheel. Remove the plastic push-in clips holding the plastic fender liner to the fender. Remove the plastic fender liner.

You will find the Daytime Running Lamp module within the left front fender. Some people have had success opening the module and fixing the open or shorted connections that cause these failures, but the likelihood of recurrence is fairly high. These modules were not very well made.

All of this assumes you have a factory DRL module as was installed on Canadian-model Dodge Shadow vehicles from 1990 to 1994.

If unplugging the module causes the headlamps to stop staying on all the time, the high beam indicator no longer glows dimly and your normal headlamps work correctly on low and high beam, then the module is indeed the problem. A factory replacement module can be used if you wish for a simple plug-in replacement, but a better and more durable solution would be to install an aftermarket module that runs the low beam headlamps at slightly reduced intensity.

DS

Reply to
Daniel Stern Lighting

Hi..

Thank you, I was w>

Reply to
al

Hi.

ThaNK YOU very much found the module, disc>

Reply to
al