Heater blower fan

I have a 2001 sebring convertable the heater fan only works on high I was wondering if they still use heater coils for the fan speed and if so where they might be

Reply to
John

You need to replace the heater rheostat switch.

Reply to
High Sierra

Reply to
maxpower

they don't use the resistors anymore when You say the rheostat switch is that the the fan speed switch on the dash ?

Reply to
John

Ok john if you say so.. I have been working for chrysler for 25 yrs, I still replace these reisistors today, my wife owns a 2003 sebring convertable, she has a resistor on her car also, you must have a special kind of Chrysler, replace all the parts then when it doesnt fix it..... replace the heater resisitor block. This is out of the shop manual

REMOVAL WARNING: On vehicles equipped with airbags, disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to take the proper precautions could result in accidental airbag deployment and possible personal injury or death.

WARN> > > I have a 2001 sebring convertable the heater fan only works on high I

Reply to
maxpower

"Thank You maxpower that was it and it took care of the problem.

Reply to
John

Reply to
maxpower