Heater Core

When replacing the heater core, is there a gasket that sits between the core itself and where the pipes attach to it? Use RTV or anything like that?

This is for a '96 Voyager.

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM

The hoses that attach to the heater core are simply sealed by hose clamps

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Sorry, I should have been clearer. Inside of the vehicle between the firewall and the heater core, there are a pair of aluminum tubes. A metal plate holds them together and a screw holds that plate to the heater core (with the tubes sliding into the heater core a bit).

Should there be a gasket of any sorts there?

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM

The answer is o-rings. I figured it out...

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM