HELP!!! 1994 LeBaron brakes are dangerous!!

Today on the way home I heard a kind of whine, then the brake pedal would almost go to the floor.

I pulled the wheels off, and all the pads and shoes look fine...

What else could it be?

I need help ASAP! I need this car tomorrow, as my wife is taking hers all day.

Thanks Steve

Reply to
SMoo

Give her your Car for the day! It is probably nothing, Don't mention anything to her though that could ruin the surprise!

Sorry, other then that I can't help you! Did you check the brake fluid level?

Reply to
David

My WAG: ABS is activating - making the noise and making pedal go to the floor - possibly due to loss of a ABS wheel sensor signal.

Bill Putney

The master cylinder is the same as it has always been... I've never had to add fluid...

I got my wife to pump the pedal to bleed the brakes, and it seems to have helped some...

Could the MC be going out?

Reply to
SMoo

In my opinion they should scrap ABS. Even when it works RIGHT, up here half the time you can't stop with it in the winter. All it does is ensure that you hit what you hit straight on. How do you stop with ABS when all 4 wheels are on slick wet slop and you can't get a wheel to slide long enough to wipe down to (cold wet) pavement? Hint - you don't. Hence the previous statement.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

My '95 Concord has ABS and I wouldn't want to be without it. By the way I drive in some of the worst winter conditions in NA.

IMO ABS should be a legal requirement.

Reply to
Spam Hater

This statement shows you don't know how to drive on snow or ice. Wiping down to bare pavement would take a very long slide in our winter conditions. You obviously didn't learn your high school physics on static vs sliding friction. The key in slippery driving is NOT TO SLIDE.

Reply to
Spam Hater

At the risk of sounding like I don't enjoy the playful banter that goes on here, what does this have to do with my brakes?

I got out there last night and bled the system just to be sure, and a little air came out of the passenger side rear, but it hasn't helped...

Reply to
SMoo