HELP!!! - Changing Power Steering belt on Cirrus 2000 4-cyl

Hi there!

I need to replace the power steering belt on a Cirrus 2000 (4-cyl; 2.4L

16-valve). I have already loosened both the front and rear locking bolts. The pivot bolt, however, is another story. It's in a very tight area; there's just not enough space to fit a ratchet or wrench in there.

I took off the wheel and the drive belt splash shield, the alternator/AC drivebelt (needs to be replaced too as it is badly ed) and lifted the car on jackstands. I have to work from the bottom but it is just very difficult.

Any recommendations? Is there a special tool I should be using? Looks like I'm going to waste a Sunday because of one bolt that I can't reach!

Please help!!!

Regards, MT

Reply to
mt