Help! Drum brake question

On 90 Caravan Cargo van- Disassembled rear brakes. On the right rear, the self adjusting lever was mounted on the inner side of the secondary shoe rather than the outside as Haynes manual shows. Is this the was it is supposed to be? I found the self adjusting cable was broken on this side too. The Haynes manual says there are different adjusters for right and left with same installation of the adjusting lever on either side. Another question- evidently, primary and secondary shoes are the same. One of the 4 Bendix shoes I bought has shorter lining material than the other three.

Reply to
AHoudini

Hooboy. You've got a whole mess of issues here. First off, you're trying to fix a car with a Haynes manual. NEVER! NIE! NUNCA! JAMAIS! PELIGRO! ACHTUNG! Haynes manuals are full of errors. Throw it away and get the genuine Chrysler manual.

Also, it's obvious *something's* the matter when *ONE* out of four shoes is different. You need a different parts source and/or brand. Try Raybestos.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern