HELP!!! I am desperate!!! My car keeps dying when I brake!

I have a '96 Plymouth Breeze. Sometimes when I go to brake and have been idling for a couple minutes with my foot on the brake, my car dies. The lights and everything stay on, but the car shuts off. What do you think it could be? I am at my wit's end!

Reply to
redheadgirl

Check the idle air control motor.

Reply to
dotsdave

and look for vacuum leaks

Reply to
dotsdave

And look for vacuum leaks. When was the last tune up?

Reply to
dotsdave

Reply to
philthy