Help needed with LHS gas guage

Hi,

My gas guage seems to be intermittent. With a full tank of gas, it mostly reads full. However, it drops to empty and sometimes comes up. The problem is very bad at 7/8 full. Below 1/2 the guage seems to work fine.

Is this a sensor problem? How to fix?

Regards

Reply to
Random Electron

My 99 Intrepid had the same problem. I had to take it to a mechanic and resulted in replacement of the gas pump and sensor which is on top of the gas tank. Was a three figure job. I wish I could tell you how to fix it yourself, because then I could have done it and saved a bundle.

Reply to
Arthur Alspector

Mine & a friends 94 Intrepid do the same thing. Can just the sender be replaced or is it part of the pump assy.?

Reply to
JCSmixer

On 21 Aug 2004 12:38:37 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (JCSmixer) wrote

Here is how to fix the problem without spending a cent, just your time and patience

Just make sure that your tank is close to empty because the fuel sender bucket is full of gas and you have to manipulate and twist it to get it out. The hose connectors can be pulled off by squeezing the tabs.

Reply to
Mr. Elbe