Help please Dodge Caravan

OK.

I have a 500 mile old Dodge Caravan SXT with dropped floor conversion and lift for a wheelchair etc.

Now I live in the UK so it had to have a rear fog lamp to cvomply with the rules.

This is connected somewhere under the dash, and it was a crappy cheap switch so I decided to fit a better neater one. Trouble is that I connected the wires wrongly and when I switched it on the engine which was idling, stopped. Also its now stuck in park, cannot be cranked and half the dash display temp, fuel etc does not work.

So I though fuse as you do.. Under the bonnet and all fuses checked! No blown ones...

Everything, blowers, radio, door/other lights on instruments like oil and water work as do lights doors, locking, etc.

Any ideas people? I cant get it to a dealer, it cant be the ignition switch because when turned to on stuff still happens! Just not the important stuff. Help!

Reply to
Burgerman (god)

I'd start by disconnecting the switch you just connected.

Reply to
who

Well obviously I did that.

Reply to
Burgerman (god)

There could be more fuses scattered around. Did you check the manual for underdash fuses?

Reply to
Art

I strongly suggest two things: (1) Get accurate schematics specific to that vehicle (if you don't have an FSM, pay $25 for a year's subscription at

- schematics there are complete and right out of the FSM. (2) Use a multimeter along with the schematics to find out where the problem is.

Bill Putney

Yeah. They have one small fuse block behind the lower dash panel below & to the left of the steering column (at least, on a left-hand drive) and a much larger one (called a "power distribution center") under the hood near the battery. If all the fuses check out, look in a schematic to see if there's a "fusible link" (a sort of master fuse that disconnects the entire system) anywhere...

[I make it a matter of faith to never buy a vehicle -- especially a new one -- without ponying up for a factory shop manual. You'd be amazed by what you'll read that the mechanics don't know...]
Reply to
Ron Seiden