Help, please... My convertible top has shrunk

It is getting cold and my vinyl convertible roof has shrunk to the point where I can not put it up!

I have been unemployed for 1 year and can not afford to buy a new one...

Does anyone know any softeners retail, commercial, industrial or otherwise that I can use to soften and stretch my vinyl top?

I am really desperate!!!

Thanks!

Steve snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Steve Forrester

heat, a warm garage etc... it will fit.

Reply to
Punch

Punch,

Great suggestion!

Having already employed it to its fullest, I feel I am in need of a chemical answer, i.e., a softener of sorts, to achieve my objective.

Thanks, again!

Steve

Reply to
Steve Forrester

That's right: you need a beer! Got your garage over 70 degrees F? - RM

Reply to
RickMerrill

Yes, that's a pretty good idea, but I like to run around topless whenever possible...

I really need a chemical answer, i.e., a softener of sorts, to achieve my objective.

Any other thoughts?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Forrester

Get several space heaters. Turn them on high and get the garage up to about 95-100 degrees. Sauna. No joke. Let the car sit for 5-6 hours in this to simulate a nice, warm afternoon. The top should work now.

Using chemicals will just weaken, deform, and most of all stain the top.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

A CHEMICAL answer is not THE answer. The warm garage, or leave it sit with tht top almost all the way up and the SUN on it, it the ONLY ANSWER.

GOOD LUCK

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr

On 1 Oct 2003 03:08:00 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Richard Benner Jr)

It won't work. Old tops shrivel up and die.

Reply to
Al Lewis