Help - Power Door Locks

I hope someone can help me. I drive a 1996 Chrysler Town and Country LXi and am having a problem with the power door locks. For some time the drivers door has not always locked automatically when driving. My husband decided he would "try to fix it". Well, he "fixed it" but now the inside button will not lock the doors, but when I use the button to unlock the doors they unlock and immediately lock. If I play with it they will eventually stay unlocked but still refuse to lock when I push the button down. Does anyone have an idea as to what is wrong? Am I going to have to take it to the dealer to have them "unfix" what my huband "fixed"? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

Reply to
RanchMom91381

1 Do NOT let your husband fix anything. 2 Trade in the husband, not the van.
Reply to
Little Bo Peep

Reply to
mic canic