Help: Recharging AC on 96 G Voyager SE

Hello all,

I read in the Haynes manual when I recharge the AC system with very low Freon I have to short a switch/sensor for which turns on the compressor but it does not tell in detail where this is located. Can somebody who has had to this on my model or similar model point me in detail or even better send me a pic of that switch/sensor in the engine compartment.

Thanks,

Greg

Reply to
The White Family

Don't do this! A better way is to get a bowl of hot water, not boiling, just as hot out of the tap as you can make it, and immerse the freon can in it. The heat from the bowl will supply the heat needed by the can for it's contents to vaporize and go into the A/C system. Once you have a can or two in there then the A/C compressor will start cycling.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Reply to
jdoe

Reply to
mic canic

R134 is Freon? I thought Freon was banned in auto AC use?

Reply to
gary

Freon is becoming a generic word meaning A/C refrigerant much like kleenex has become a generic word meaning tissue - of course the manufacturers of both are fighting it...

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

R-12 isn't even "Freon." "Freon" was DuPont's trademarked name for their line of refrigerants.

But in common parlance, any refrigerant is "freon" just like any facial tissue is a "kleenex" and any adhesive bandage is a "band-aid." Deal with it.

Reply to
Steve