Hemi crate motor package?

WIll there be a crate motor package with the new Hemi for retrofit? Also, for "Non Emission Controlled Vehicles" will there be a carb setup? I don't think there is anyplace to mount a distributor...

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Bret Ludwig wrote: "WIll there be a crate motor package with the new Hemi for retrofit? Also, for "Non Emission Controlled Vehicles" will there be a carb setup? I don't think there is anyplace to mount a distributor..."

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge

"Sarge" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@enews2.newsguy.com:

Here's a link for the 5.7:

Joe

You're a little late asking. The crate 5.7 Hemi has been available for MONTHS now.

Two versions are available (same price). Both are based on the version used in Ram trucks (no MDS, accessories mount higher on the engine for easier installation in vintage muscle cars and hot rods). One version has a simplified EFI system also based on the production Ram. Its simplified because it doesn't incoroporate tranny control, nor presumably does it incorporate OBD emissions diagnostics.

The other version is set up for a 4-bbl carburetor. Both are rated at the same horsepower, but obviously the carb version could be either more powerful or less powerful depending on how the end user configures the carb and intake system.

Steve

Yep, my bad.

Think someone will fly one? I'd be amused enough to see them in ski boats.

Or a restored Donzi or Cigarette.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Doubtful. Car motors are really awfully heavy for aircraft, and especially iron-block car engines. The most successful automotive-derived airplane engines I know of are usually built from aluminum blocks that are only DERIVED from the car engine design and can use off-the-shelf internal parts (eg Ryan Falconer engines), not by just taking an actual Ford, Dodge, or Chevy-built car engine and sticking it in a plane. Yes, it is sometimesdone, but I think performance is generally no better than mediocre when you do that.

Now that's a lot more likely.

Reply to
Steve