hinge pin (or lack of one), 86 new yorker

Hi all,

The drivers door on my 1986 new yorker has saged to the point you have to slam the door for it to latch. So, I had bought two pin and bushing sets. But after takeing the pin out and cleaning the hinge off, I don't see any bushings ?? Is there really no bushing on some cars ?

The top hinge flange on the door is fairly lose and sloppy(in the hole, the flange is solid to the door), even with a new pin. And it looks like it is welded to the the door? Is there a way yo drill it out and but in a bushing? If so, how do I get a drill close enough?

Thanks for any help. Jim

Reply to
Jim Martz

Not sure about your car.

On 2 door cars with larger, heavier doors the root cause of door lag can be a worn plastic bushing that surrounds the bolt attached to the door frame that the door lock latches onto.

The lack of this bushing puts more stress on the hinges.

Reply to
Steve Stone