hole in gas tank

I recently purchased a 1990 Fifth Ave. (3.3l v-6) that has a hole in the gas tank just above the halfway point. I am going to replace it soon but was wondering if the hole would cause low power problems? Most of the time, especially when it is hot out, there is almost no accelleration when I hit the pedal. I have done a complete tune-up with some improvement.

JS

Reply to
soon2Bexpat

JS:

Better have that catalytic convertor/exhaust system checked for restriction.

Reply to
BACKNCARDR

Reply to
ulas cosar coskun