Horn no longer works.

1999 Caravan 3.0. Horn has not worked for the past six months or so. Any ideas why it stopped working and how to fix. Radio plays okay and power outlets seem fine as well.

thanks.

Reply to
bobjones1000

"bobjones1000" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@x40g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

Check with a Chrysler garage if the company recall concerning the wiring of the stering have been done. It is free of charge. Good luck. And please give a folowing. L.G.R.

Reply to
L.G.R.

When my son's Plymouth Voyager (a couple of years older than your van) lost its horn, it turned out that the horn circuitry is somehow involved with the airbag circuitry (why I can not begin to understand) and a proper fix would've been expensive. Instead we had the mechanic just wire in a push-button for the horn & mounted it on the dash...

Reply to
Ron Seiden

I have a 1998 T&C that the horn stopped working. I also had the airbag light come on and the cruise control did not work. It was the clockspring. This is a divice that supplies the power to these items, while allowing the steering wheel to turn. Mine was covered by a recall.

Reply to
gdcoxjr

You don't need to call Chrysler to find out about in incomplete recall.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower