Ignition Tumbler Replaced - PT Cruiser

I just had to have to ignition tumbler replaced in my 2001 PT. Car only has

24,000 miles on it (yes, it's an occasional drive). Has anyone else heard of this in the PT? Wasn't cheap at $320. Got stranded at a parking lot and needed to have it towed. No, I didn't have it replaced at the dealer, but at my usual mechanic, and he said it was a real b*tch to replace since the key wouldn't turn at all.
Reply to
PeteK

Reminde me of a true story. Back in 1983 I was shopping for a new VW Rabbit or Golf. The key cylinder popped out during the test drive. Should have taken it as a hint not to buy a Rabbit but I bought one anyway. Got rid of it 3 months later. Piece of junk.

Reply to
Art

Reply to
mic canic

Reply to
PeteK

A personal customer? What does that mean?

doc

Reply to
doc

Reply to
mic canic

Well he is just one hell of a lucky guy...

Reply to
PeteK

Mine has been defective to 2 years. Sometimes the lights on the radio won't light. The dealer will not fix it since it works when it is in for service.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard