Installation of Ceramic Pads on '04 Dakota 4WD & Nav question

I am almost ready for a new set of brake pads on the front of my 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4X4. Because it's difficult to keep the wheels half-way clean, due to the current pads, (supposedly OEM equivilents, according to my local Meineke Dealer, who installed them, about 20,000 miles ago), so I'm looking toward spending a few extra dollars for some ceramic pads.

My question is, whether there are any tips, tricks, or short-cuts to the installation process, break-in period, or maintenance of these pads. Anyone have a source, (my NAPA store has one line that they recommend, and have ordered in, for my inspection) for quality, price, longevity, etc??

Also, slightly off-topic, I'm interested in upgrading the aftermarket GPS that I bought for this vehicle, over a year ago. It's a Garmin StreetPilot=AE Model C530, and it's software is absolutely a complete and utter disappointment. In our area of eastern Nebraska, this thing hasn't been upgraded, mapwise, for over ten years. I know there's a central repository for the maps these manufacturers use, and the quality of their application may be indicative through quality and pricing, but it is ridiculous the way this thing wastes gasoline, taking you the long way around, or not knowing that they moved the exit ramp, ten years ago, or a series of complete subdivisions are missing from the software, and it thinks you're off-road. I would like to get into something that I can mount on the face of, or below the dashboard, as opposed to the top-mounting they all seem to use, due to the antenna needing to acquire the satelites. My Dakota already has the expanded, in-glass antenna, used for factory nav, and satelite radio, that was available for the first time in Dakota for

2004. Can I use that antenna for aftermarket navigation equipment, and if so, how do I tie into it?

God Bless, Dan'L

Reply to
Dan'L

"Dan'L" wrote in news:fa34e048-d70d-493b-9d5d- snipped-for-privacy@f36g2000hsa.googlegroups.com:

I replaced all my brake pads with ceramic pads. Best thing I've done to my PT Cruiser is 7 years. Immediately better braking. Immediately basically no brake dust on any of my wheels.

Reply to
CopperTop

Hey Dan, I bought my ceramic pads on ebay for less than half of parts store cost.On the installation just install as usual,there are no surprises just great stopping power and virtually no dust.IMHO

Reply to
2oldskool55

I just replaced the pads on a 1999 300M,,, good Raybestos Ceramic pads, better positive brake feel... also check prices at :

out of Indy - have the best prices I could find.. good luck

Reply to
argyliz