Interm. cruise control

Have a 94 Intrepid 3.3L Cruise works at first but stops engaging after a few engagements or maybe 10 - 15 min of being engaged & once it stops working doesn't work again all day. Doesn't drop off when engaged, just won't reengage. Works again next day same pattern. Light comes on momentarily when set or accel is pressed but does not engage. If I'm going under 35 mph or touch the brake pedal while trying to engage light does not light at all. I'm assuming that means it is not being caused by the brake switch or speed switch. There is a service bulletin that says intermittent can be caused by speed sensor plug pins if the sensors been changed, nothing has been done to anything in that are & poor connections don't usually fail in such a consistent pattern. I also read there is switch attached to the throttle to disengage the cruise. Anyone know if this is correct & where it's located. Any other input appreciated. Jim Smith

Reply to
jcsmixer

It probably is a bad brake switch. One of the functions of the brake switch is to provide power to the speed control servo. It is this part of the switch that usually goes bad due to the higher current load of that set of contacts in the switch.

Bill

Reply to
Bill