Intrepid 3.2L timing belt change

I'm prepping to change the Intrepid's timing belt for the first time. A few questions:

  1. All of the timing belt kits (like NAPA NBH2522950) as well as the separately-sold tensioners (e.g. Cloyes 95357) state that they're just 'cam tensioner assy; does not include cam tensioner hydraulic assy'. I've looked at the diagrams in the FSM; I can't see where the tensioner assembly can be separated from the hydraulic portion. Maybe it's an unclear illustration. Or perhaps these kits are the tensioner pulley? At any rate, should I go out of my way to make sure I get the hydraulic portion of the assembly, or will the commonly available parts sold without probably do the trick?

  1. I've got a choice of three brands of new replacement water pumps, all roughly the same price. The brands are: AC-Delco, Airtex and Eastern. Anyone have any experience with these? I'm leaning toward the Delco make, but that's probably just because it's a familiar name.

  2. Any similar brand testimonials WRT the timing belt itself? Choices are Gates, Melling and AC-Delco. Melling's more than the other brands.

  1. Anyone know offhand what size socket is needed to get the crank pulley/dampener off? I'd like to make sure I've got the right sized impact socket ready to go. The one I used for my 3.0L last year was large and I needed to get it separately...

  2. I'm planning on changing upper/lower rad hoses, thermostat and gasket, water pump, timing belt, and timing belt tensioner. Anything I'm obviously leaving out? I've got a best quote of 7.88 for these, shipping included; sound reasonable?

Thanks,

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff