Intrepid Converter

I have a 2.7 ,98 Intrepid with 280000k on the clock. I have developed an exhaust leak, it is in the flex pipe portion of the catalytic converter assembly, drivers side. The converter is good. As Midas quoted me $730 to replace the converter assembly I was thinking whether it was feasible to remove the assembly and cut out the flex are (Kind of bellows) and replace with an after market flexpipe. Any suggestions would be welcome

Reply to
Keith Phillips

philthy

We have a very good shop here in Independence, MO called Budget Muffler. He does flex joints for $85 parts and labor, and he guarantees it for a year. I think Midas is ripping you off.

Reply to
Robert Reynolds