Intrepid imstrument cluster randomly works and doesn't

I have a '93 intrepid and just recently my instrument cluster began going nuts. I started it up on day and my tach, speedo, fuel gauge and temp were all in the resting position and they dont move. Most of the lights come on...the check engine, temp, battery, airbag even though they dont belong on. Then sometimes when I am driving, everything just starts to work normally. Tried disconnecting the battery for a while and also pulling the fuse but nothing helped it. Anyone have this problem before or know what it might be? I'm thinking a bad wire or bad cluster. Any ideas? Thanks

Reply to
FoxMxFox1

I had exact same problem and in my case, it was the printed circuit board.

Lou

Reply to
Cirrus99x

Had the same problem with or 93 van, it was in the keyswitch somewhere. I just restarted the van until everything worked. I then sold the van about a year later.

Reply to
Kevin

Same as Lou's! I swaped the circuit board from a junkyard instrument panel (otherwise the mileage would have been double :)).

Reply to
Dave